Initial Teacher Education..........
The Great Teaching, Inspired Learning Blueprint for action plan includes measures to ensure students entering teaching degrees are strong academic achievers, with an aptitude for teaching and initiatives for providing teacher education students with high quality opportunities to practice their teaching skills in the classroom. In addition the quality of initial teacher education in NSW will be assessed in a number of agreed priority areas. (Nswteachers.nsw.edu.au)
There are five major outcomes within this framework at the Initial Teacher Education level. They are:
1. Entrants into teacher education will be high academic performers, have well-developed literacy and numeracy skills and show an aptitude for teaching.
2. Teaching will attract more of the brightest and motivated school leavers and career changers.
3. NSW teacher education programs will produce high quality graduates with personal attributes suited to teaching.
4. All teacher education students will receive high quality professional experience as part of their teacher education programs.
5. The quality of the teaching workforce in NSW will be informed by a strong evidence base.
For details of the specific actions related to the outcomes listed above. See http://www.nswteachers.nsw.edu.au/great-teaching-inspired-learning/blueprint-for-action/initial-teacher-education/
For more information on the Professional Experience framework, visit: http://www.nswteachers.nsw.edu.au/taas--schools/principals-supervisors/professional-experience-framework/
Great Teaching, Inspired Learning Internship.........
The Department implements targeted recruitment programs and staffing initiatives to enhance the supply of quality teachers in NSW public schools. These programs and initiatives also help maximise employment and career opportunities. Click on the links below to find out more information.
· teach.Rural initiatives, including teach.Rural Scholarships
· Teacher Education Scholarship Program
· Sponsored Training Education Program